Wednesday, June 6, 2007

27 and the living is queasy..

This isn't going to be one of those whiny posts about turning 27....ok it's going to be exactly that. Really can't explain what it's like to wake up one morning and figure out that im three years away from turning 30. Not that there's anything wrong with that mind you..it just serves as a not so gentle reminder that im nowhere near accomplishing the goals?dreams?hopes?wishes? i thought i would have by now. I still live the life of an over indulged 21 year old. Proof's of which are as follows:

- After 5 years of doing PR woke up on a fine April morning and decided i've had just about enough of dickhead CEO's who can't tell their asses from their faces and pompous,lazy, pumped up with self importance journalist that probably learnt how to write from a retarded 3rd grader. So I switched to advertising instead. Lets see how that goes:)
-As a consequence of above mentioned switch i have to forgo ultra fancy salary for money that can only be compared to Mickey Mouse's paycheck at DisneyLand. They might as well pay me in coffee and cuddles...except that the employees of said establishment are so not cuddly.
-Have no roof, wall or shower curtain of my OWN. Am still living off the largess of my incredibly sweet parental unit's. This after several half hearted attempts at living on my own. sigh..
-Only living 27 year old that does not own a credit card. Have never really in all earnest followed up on things of a financial nature. which might explain lack of funds to buy/rent own roof in fancy part of town. Lavelle road will do:)
-Have still not done 3 root canals. This has resulted in many tooth aches and plenty of guilt and an impressive collection of tooth x-rays. Im super at x-rays. Love them...the actual sitting in the chair whilst having tooth poked,prodded and drilled is not my forte. My personal motto seems to be give me dentures or give me death. Not good.
-Do not have serious working woman wardrobe. Always wanted esprit, mango or van heusen manequin look. Instead my wardrobe can still be best described as cutesy.
- This one's the kicker. No man. No love life. Nothing even remotely resembling a relationship. For someone thats always been in relationships/situations/thingies from ages 12 through to 25 it's a tough one to take. It's like the powers that be are sitting on their perch and giggling. Don't get me wrong Im reasonably attractive and intelligent so i meet men all the time...just not one's i'd touch with a barge pole. The script men carry at this point in my life has changed from " i love you; i want to spend the rest of my life with you; i want you to be the father of my sweet brown eyed, curly topped babies." to " I think you're extremely attractive but im not in a relationship place right now ie. i want to sleep with you but not committ; i like to keep things casual ie. i will sleep with you but not committ; I enjoy spending time with you ie. i want to sleep with you but not committ".
Dear Allah, Ganesha, Jesus, Buddha, Zarathustra....what gives?????

Hence I conclude....the living is queasy.

2 comments:

Anoopa Anand said...

Dear Kashvi,

1. After 5 years in advertising, don’t see myself doing this for much longer
2. Do not have anything close to a fancy salary
3. Don't own a credit card
4. By your own admission, have the wardrobe of an old woman.
5. Am currently very ill and low
6. Have not received mail from Shashi Tharoor
7. Am hopelessly single. And for someone who enjoyed being single all her life, I hate it right now.


25 and the living isn't quite so chirpy. But we will go to Body Shop and Tavern and life will not be so bad after all. Chin up.

kashvi Lakshman said...

haha...this is why one loves you! Thanks so much:) my chin is upping as we speak.